There are plenty of ways to discover Korea in London, if you know where to look – from a growing variety of restaurants, to galleries and museums, to supermarkets and K-Beauty boutiques. We’d like to take you on a tour of central London to introduce the best of these hidden gems, experience authentic Korean culture and explore the history of friendly relations between the UK and Korea.
To commemorate the anniversary of the Korean War, which began on 25th June 1950, the tour will take us from the Korean War Memorial up towards the British Museum Korea Gallery – with stops along the way including the Korean Cultural Centre, the new “Korea street” segment of Charing Cross Road and more. The tour will end with an optional evening meal at a Korean restaurant, free of charge.
And all participants will be given a K-Goodie Bag courtesy of the Korea Tourism Organisation with all the information you’ll need to help plan your eventual trip to Korea!
Apply below for the chance to take part.
- Date: Wednesday 23 June 2021
- Time: 5.30pm – 7.30pm (followed by optional Korean restaurant meal)
- Venue: Various locations across Central London*
- Spaces: 16
- Application deadline: Wednesday 16 June, 5pm
- Application procedure: Fill in your application form here. Once the application window has closed our computer software will select at random the successful applicants first and then a waiting list, and the successful applicants will be contacted by email with further details. Should any applicants cancel, their place will be offered to the first person on the waiting list and so on.
* exact meeting point to be confirmed with successful applicants via email.
COVID-19 Safety Requirements
We ask for your cooperation in following all UK government guidance for COVID-19 safety at the time of the tour. Spaces are limited to allow for social distancing where necessary. Depending on their regulations, you may be required to wear masks, submit to temperature checks and/or follow social distancing rules at any of the indoor stops on the tour (restaurants, shops, museums, etc). We strongly advise regular self-testing for COVID-19; the UK Government are offering free rapid home testing kits, which can be ordered here.