K-Pop is growing in influence globally, and now you can be a part of it!
A chance for any K-Pop fans, songwriter, artists or any Korean culture enthusiast to showcase their creative talent and kick-start or advance their careers. The winner of the K-Pop Contest will debut as a lyricist or album art designer, with an official credit on online music platforms.
Apply now to make your K-Pop dreams a reality.
Sneak peek at the benefits for the K-Pop Contest winner...
- You will be registered as a lyricist on the track.
- You will be credited as a lyricist on the music streaming platforms the song is on including Spotify, iTunes, Melon and KakaoMusic.
- Korean professional vocalists and student artists from York St John University will record a song with your lyrics.
- The song will be released as a single album - with the winning album cover design.
- You will be presented the winner prize by the Head of the School of the Art at York St John University at the upcoming Yor-K (Korea festival in York).
- Your song or artwork will be presented at the upcoming Yor-K (Korea Festival in York) at York Theatre Royal.
How to Apply
- Download and listen to the instrumental version of the K-Pop song soundtrack.
- Category 1: Lyric Writing - Write your own lyrics to match the track.
- Category 2: Album Artwork - Get inspired by the instrumental version of the K-Pop song soundtrack and Korean culture (anything from heritage sites, landmarks, food, to traditions). Then create your own design in the required format.
- For more details, please click each link below or visit www.yor-k.com
- Dr Robert Wilsmore, Head of the School of the Arts, York St John University
- Dr Yeji Han, Lecturer in Korean and Linguistics, Languages and Linguistics, York St John University
- Hoyeon Seo, Nomadmusic producer
- Korean Cultural Centre UK
- Special judges will be announced soon
Category 1. Lyric Writing
Category 2. Album Artwork
York Theatre Royal
Your song or artwork will be presented at the upcoming Yor-K (Korea Festival in York) at York Theatre Royal.