Date: Sat. 26 June 2021 – 10:30 am
Venue: online zoom
Participants: Anyone not of Korean descent, must be over 18.
* Please also note that 1st prize winners from previous Korean Speech Contests cannot enter again, however, 2nd prize winners and runners-up from previous contests are welcome to apply.
- Group A: Those who have been taught regular Korean language for less than 180 hours
e.g.) who has studied up to Sejong Korean 3 level (Beginner-Pre-Intermediate)
- Group B: Those who have been taught Korean language for over 180 hours
e.g.) who has studied above Sejong Korean 3 level (Intermediate-Advanced)
*If you are still unsure which Group you are eligible for, please contact email@example.com
Themes: Applicants can choose either:
(a) ‘interesting Korean culture that you recently discovered’ or
(b) ‘introducing your favourite Korean word’
Length of Speech: 2 minutes
*Please keep your speech time within this limit. We are encouraging you to finish your speech in the allotted time and if so, you will earn extra points.
• Application Deadline: 12 June 2021, 5pm
• Required Documents: Application Form, short version of your draft Korean speech video (up to 1min)
• Application form/video upload here
• For enrolment and further enquiries, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Available Spaces for the Contest: 20 successful applicants (10 for each group) will be contacted by e-mail by 17 June following the selection process
Contest Evaluation Criteria : Korean proficiency including pronunciation, grammar and expression, topic and content of theme, delivery of speech etc.
Gifts will be provided for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions of each group.
- 1st prize: LG Desktop monitor
- 2nd prize: Cuckoo Rice cooker
- 3rd prize: LG wireless earbuds
Competition Hosted by The Preston Sejong Institute and the Korean Cultural Centre UK.