LTI Korea Translation Academy Fellowship
The fellowship is open to native speakers of English, French, German, Russian, and Spanish. The fellowship is designed to allow foreign students to devote themselves fully to their study of literary translation during their stay in Korea.
□ The fellowship includes: round-trip airfare, monthly stipend of 1.6 million won, visa sponsorship and tuition waiver
□ About the Program
○ Languages: English, French, German, Russian, Spanish
- Foreigners and overseas Koreans with a bachelor’s degree or above can apply.
- Applicants who are not involved in any economic activities in Korea when the course starts (September 2019).
○ Number of Fellowships: 4 for each language
○ Curriculum: Translation of Literary Texts, Study of Translation Styles, Korean Literature, Korean Culture, Korean Language
- The program also offers activities such as workshops with Korean writers and literary excursions.
○ Faculty: Professors of literature, literary translation, and Korean language and culture
○ Duration: September 2019 – June 2021
※ Fall Semester: September – December | Spring Semester: March – June
□ How to Apply
○ Application Documents (Please click here to download)
- Application form, personal statement written in Korean
- Letter of recommendation: The recommender should email us directly at email@example.com. The letter should be written in Korean or English.
- Sample translation of 권여선, 「전갱이의 맛」,『이효석문학상 수상작품집 2018』(생각정거장, 2018)
· From the 1st line of p.47 (starting with 가끔 아무 말도) to the 12th line of p.52(ending in 놀람을 선사하는가.).
· The title must also be translated.
- A certificate of bachelor's degree
※ The prescribed forms can be downloaded from the notice section of our website: LTIKorea.or.kr/en. The application form needs to be filled online in Korean.
※ Scanned copies of postgraduate certificates must be submitted (certificates in languages other than Korean or English need to be translated into either Korean or English and notarized or apostilled).
□ Selection Criteria
○ Application review, sample translation review, and telephone interview
○ Applications can be made online at: http://lms.ltikorea.or.kr
○ Applications should be received no later than 16:00 (Korean standard time) on April 30, 2019.
□ Selection Process
○ Application period: April 1 – 30, 2019
○ Announcement of candidates for telephone interview: May 23, 2019
○ Telephone interview: May 27 – May 31, 2019
○ Final result announcement: June 17, 2019
Contact: Ms. Kwon Bobae (firstname.lastname@example.org)