Please read the following job description and candidate specification carefully, telling us in your cover letter what brought you to apply for this role, and with what kind of professional skills you can contribute to the successful promotion of the KCCUK Performance Programme.
Please submit your application (cover letter and CV) via email. Your cover letter should outline why you are interested in the role, as well as the skills and experience. The closing date for applications is 1 August 2021.
Once applications have been processed, selected candidates will be invited to attend an interview on either 4 or 5 August 2021.
For further information on the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application.
(1) Terms and Conditions
- Employer: Korean Cultural Centre UK
- Salary: up to £ 6,114 / 16 weeks (4 days/week basis)
- Term: 16 weeks (mid-August – early December 2021). The position is offered on a temporary basis, it is a part-time post lasting 17 weeks, covering the period in preparation, build up, operation and debrief of the 2021 Performance Programme.
- Hours: 32 hours (4 days) per week on average in order to fulfil the scope of responsibilities within the post. This will involve some weekend and evening work, and hours can be flexible to accommodate this
- Notice Period: There is a 2-week probationary period, and if successful the candidate will be confirmed. Upon confirmation, either party will provide 2-weeks’ notice should they wish to terminate the agreement prior to the end of the contract
- Right to work: The successful applicant will be required to provide documentation that proves their right to work in the UK
- References: Offers of employment are subject to the receipt of two references
- Application: To apply for this position, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with ‘2021 Performance Marketing Coordinator’ in the subject line by 1 July 2021.
- Interview period: 4 or 5 August 2021
- Start date: 16 August 2021
* Korean Cultural Centre UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
(2) Job Description
The successful applicant will be creative and insightful, showing the ability to present both in-depth promotional content and fresh ideas that link Korean performing arts with the creative industry in the UK.
The post holder will be in charge of planning the promotion of the performance programme and assisting in producing & distributing offline material. In addition, the post holder is expected to cooperate with other cultural and educational partners with equal amount of interest and respect.
(3) Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To develop an overall strategy with regards to print distribution and offline promotion, and to ensure the 2021 Performance Programme attracts large audiences.
- Managing and creating content for online platforms - e.g. the official social media accounts, website
- To identify and consider potential opportunities for cross-promotion and advertising with relevant external partners.
- To collaborate on all areas of marketing for the successful promotion of the performance programme, offering constructive, creative ideas to help generate ticket sales.
- General marketing and communications support, and any other duties relevant to the post as required by the performance team.
This job description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the job at this time. It is a guide to the nature of the main duties as they currently exist but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The post holder is expected to work flexibly and respond positively to changing business needs.
(4) Personal Specification
- Previous experience of working in a music festival or similar cultural event in a marketing and/or events role preferred
- Design Skills to use design programmes like Photoshop and InDesign (would be preferable)
- Experience in campaign management from planning to reporting
- Experience using a variety of social media platforms for advertising and promotion
- Experience working to budget on large scale cultural projects and working with multiple external agencies and partners
- Copywriting and proof-reading skills for off-line promotion
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and to manage and meet changing deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and confidentiality
- Good IT skills including MS Office, skilled in Excel
- A proactive and customer focused approach delivered within a best practice framework
- Demonstrable commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and its practical application and integration in the work environment
- Ability to work flexible hours (there is a requirement to work outside contracted hours, including some evenings and weekends)
- Well-organised and effective at prioritising work and managing deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.